This spread/dip is by far my favorite go-to recipe when I am in need of a last minute crowd pleasing appetizer. If you are hosting or attending a Fourth of July party this weekend then trust me and bring this White Cheddar Chive Rosemary Spread! Your friends and family will devour it. I used to grate the cheese myself and combine the ingredients the old fashioned way, however, it tastes and turns out much better with the use of a handy food processor. I highly suggest you invest in a mini prep food processor if you’re in need – click here to buy the one that I use ALL of the time from Williams-Sonoma! This spread is great on crackers, as a burger, wrap or sandwich topping, melted in an omelet, or served along side veggies — trying using it as a twice baked potato ingredient – yum! I am considering selling it – message me for orders at email@example.com if you’re interested.
White Cheddar Chive Rosemary Spread
- 1 block white cheddar cheese (has to be white) – chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons real mayo (don’t use light!)
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped
- pieces of rosemary off of two spring stems (don’t put stems in your food processor, please!)
- 1 tsp. “white” pepper
- In a food processor combine all of the ingredients above and pulse until a spread has formed… place in a bowl and top with paprika, garnish with rosemary sprigs in the bowl and serve with thin rosemary flavored crackers, wheat thins, or sesame crackers — or get creative, endless possibilities. If you don’t own a food processor you can grate the cheese finely and combine all of the ingredients with a spoon.
- This is dip/spread is much better if made a day in advance and chilled in the fridge in a container.
I am making this tonight!