The Fourth of July to me is about celebrating the greatest country in the world with friends, family, fireworks and of course yummy summer treats. It’s not too late to make a few of my favorites at your celebration this weekend, and I hope you try some of these refreshing and cool recipes: homemade blueberry froyo & blueberry acai basil sparklers. I served the sparklers, as a signature cocktail, as well as the froyo at my “pre-4th of July” dinner party last sunday night. Both recipes are fresh, tasty and blue —- who doesn’t love a little patriotic red,white and blue flair? Below I will have recipes as well as photos with links to all of the products and serving pieces that were used to pull of my party. I hope everyone has a Happy 4th of July!
Blueberry Acai Basil Sparkler [makes 1]
- double old fashioned glass filled with cubed ice, click here for my cobalt blue rimmed tumblers from Pier 1 Imports
- squeeze in juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 shot Absolute Berry Acai
- fill with club soda to the top
- stir in chopped basil
- top with fresh blueberries
- garnish with a festive straw, click here to purchase patriotic straws
- I served mine on this rattan and glass tray
- centerpiece for the cocktails and apps table was my small “Isabelle” Juliska pitcher filled with fresh cut lemons & roses
Blueberry Froyo [serves 6-8]
- 1 16oz bag frozen blueberries
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 large container of plain greek yogurt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until it has the texture of frozen yogurt.
- Place in a covered container in the freezer until serving.
- Garnish a scoop with fresh berries and mint.
- Links to items pictured below: blue parfait glasses [similar] | Trading Company natural woven napkin rings | blue and white china dinner plates [similar] | Vietri Indigo napkins | Vietri Incanto service plate | Ricci Ascot 5-piece place setting | TAG bubble glass water & goblet glasses