Candy? Flowers? Chocolate? Yes please to all! — I’ve got you covered for the number one Hallmark holiday! Whether you need ideas for your significant other, a Valentine girls’ night out, or for your children’s school Valentine’s exchange, these two easy ideas are fun and festive. My sister in law was in town over the weekend, and we baked and decorated sugar cookies topped with pink and red sprinkles that turned out super cute. We used Valentine themed cookie cutters that you can find at Williams-sonoma, Sur La Table, Target or Wal-Mart. We also made pink and white M&M brownie cookie bars — so delish. Both of these ideas were made with packaged mixes to save time, but it didn’t cut down on flavor. There is nothing wrong with expediting steps so that you can have a better time enjoying yourself. It’s all about the experience!
Valentine Sugar Cookies
- you will need Valentine cookie cutters, sprinkles, and a rolling pin
- follow Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix instructions
- roll out dough with a little flour
- cut various shapes and lay cookies on a cookie sheet
- decorate and bake!
Valentine M&M Brownie Cookie Bars
- 1 package pink and white M&M’s
- 1 box Nestle cookie brownie mix + ingredients needed and listed on the back
- you will also need a hand mixer
- follow brownie instructions first and fill the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish with the brownie batter
- follow cookie instructions then fold in the M&M’s
- place spoonfuls of the cookie mixture in the brownie batter
- bake, cool and cut into square bars
Love it all!!!!!!!